Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you satisfied with your gender?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #175 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
A badass hobo beard! Yeah, you don't see those too often, other than with ZZ Top. And in certain countries where male beards are encouraged or required by law for religious reasons (s c a r y ! ! ). I think people here occasionally playfully make fun of men's beards and especially mustaches. They don't make vocal "eww" sounds and derisive laughter about men's beards...very often, at least.
maybe not beards but i've most definitely heard less than nice comments about mullets heheh.

i also totally agree with all your other points.

though i must say body image stigma has definitely started to affect both genders in recent times though still not as harshly for men as women. but when you see men's 'health' magazines in the grocery store and most of the guys in the photos look like Adidasss' avatar it makes my skinny frame feel quite out of place (being built like a female runway model isn't quite that awesome when you're the one with the penis).

as for the comparison to the unnaturalness of glasses vs. the unnaturalness of shaving they're worlds apart. glasses serve a tangible purpose to allow for a productive life. i don't see how shaving one's legs or armpits quite serves the same purpose and function as the ability to provide clear sight.

here's a 'fresh' conspiracy theory for the afternoon as well. ever notice how there are no actual deodorants (to cover up the smell of the sweat) specifically marketed to women? only antiperspirants (to block pores to actually stop the sweat from happening). the conspiracy being a MUCH higher rate of breast cancer to those without deodorants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote