Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you satisfied with your gender?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 12:47 AM   #195 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
If I was a woman I think I would be proud of it, even if I felt like I was entitled to less rights than men.

If men do have more rights then women it's because it's the men who control things so it's only natural that those in control have more power.

But I'd rather fight those in power than suck it up and just wish I was one of those in power. That never solves anything. Even as f*cking stupid as most people are we ARE more progressive than we used to be and civil rights are totally getting better. Hopefully someday women won't feel as uncomfortable about being women.

Because talking from a guy's standpoint, a woman who is satisfied with herself and her appearance is a lot more appealing than a woman who isn't.

I also do think that like it or not, gender is always gonna be a defining trait of who you are. As negative and self depreciating as I often come off as I'm actually quite satisfied being the person that I am and being male is a part of that. Whenever I get to know someone I could never imagine them being the opposite sex nor would I want to. Even as a not so spiritual guy I think being comfortable with who you are is important. I don't give a f*ck if other people dont like me for who I am and I wish everyone felt that way.
I think being comfortable with who you are is important too, but doesn't this statement reinforce the patriarchic ideal that women are just supposed to be appealing for men?