Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #1415 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea Supremacist View Post

We have a pot in the living room and everytime we watch House, whenever Lupus, Syphilis or Lyme Disease are tested for we all have to put a pound in the pot. And then another 2 quid if it actually turns out to be one of the above (which it never is, sadly. Our drinking funds would allow us much better brands of beer if it were...)...

Is it me or is the whole non-conforming style getting boring? I really don't think she could wear anything else/do a lot else that would surprise me. Music aside, her whole persona seems to have lost its novelty a little bit and without that, is she not just another generic pop puppet? What's she going to do when people do get bored/tired/sick of the 'look at me, I'm wearing barely any clothes and a lobster on my head' character? She kind of reminds me a bit of those people who have to shout "I'm mental, me!" after they've done something totally unfunny and stupid to attract attention. I know she's got genuine music fans, and it might just be cos I'm looking at her without bias (I honestly just have indifference towards her), but is she anything that different if you took away her attention whoring?

Absolutely. I think certain folks are drawn toward the outfits because they enjoy the flair. I, for one, would prefer not to go back to the Nirvana fashion scene.

Still, costumes or not, I think her music is pretty great. You don't think she makes good music?