Music Banter - View Single Post - Top Ten Arguments for the existence of God easily deflated.
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 12:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyshape View Post
I don't agree with that. You assume religion has no power in this world other than internally which is not true. Religious influences is a major factor for the well being of humanity and can act in a very negative way. To argue against what I consider illogical beliefs is not so much to limit what people can feel for themselves it is more because of the moral pressure and guidelines most religions feel the need to outline.
but at that point you're missing the last half of my previous statement.

if you're not doing it for yourself you're not doing it for the right reasons (personal spiritual fulfillment). if it's from social or moral pressure then it's no longer a pure belief and you'd better believe someone higher up in that organization recognizes that fact and doesn't give a crap so long as their interests are served. that's no longer religion though, that's the use of religion as a tool for coercion and manipulation. it's not its intent.

i've also seen and read multiple reports on the correlation between very controlling religious environments and educational levels. they don't co-exist.

i could use a hammer to bludgeon a person to death, as a tool it was never intended to be a weapon, but i chose to use it that way. so why do all tools get the bad rap? when it's the individual human who is the evil one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote