Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you satisfied with your gender?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #221 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea Supremacist View Post
I think I definately prefer being 'one of the lads' - beating on eachother, getting the 'your Mum' jokes going etc. I've worked in both male and female orientated workplaces and I'd take a male one everytime. Not just on account of being able to flash cleavage and get stuff done for me but because you know where you stand. Yes, I might have to prove myself more than a male newcomer into the group/workplace (let's face it, doing manual jobs, yeah, the blokes will do it faster than me based on strength alone). Sometimes the guys at work might go too far with the jokes and comments, but I've never been hurt by a group of blokes like I have by a group of women. I find in working in offices/shops, if you don't fit into the clicky little groups they have, then you may as well go look for another job cos otherwise you're just gonna spend your worklife having cruel jibes pointed at you until they get the satisfaction of knowing that they've upset you.

Machoism over bitchiness everytime for me
Well .. I would probably agree with you In my life, I have felt that most guy clicks have been welcoming. At least eventually if not immediately!