Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #5796 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Thats pretty bad. On one hand i guess people are entitled to only work the hours they are given and i hardly ever covered anyones shift when i was working. However i did cover shifts to help people out occasionally, when they had a genuine reason.

Also i know employers dont have to do anything when it comes to funerals for people who arent blood relatives but it annoys me when the request doesnt seem to be such a chore and seems to be quite easy to accomodate should they wish to and they either dont or complain about it and act like you are putting them out. In my first job just out of college, i called in and told my boss that i was going to the hospital because my father (who had previously had a heart attack) was experiencing pains in his chest and so was rushed to the hospital. The response i got was a clear audible sigh and "Well, i guess we'll have to cope without you." I could have punched that guy. I already hated him. If the choice is going to see my dad who may or may not have had a second heart attack or go and stack shelves for a few hours in a job that could just as easily be performed by a monkey, theres only one winner.
That sucks Luckily my boss is very kind and genuine... it's just the people I work with who are selfish. It just really annoys me because I always help out and cover shifts when people need them covered at the drop of a hat. We're all employed casually so it's not like we're doing shifts outside of our hours or anything. Anyway, I rang up my boss and told him the situation and he said immediately I should take it off work and he will find somebody to replace me. Phew.