Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you satisfied with your gender?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 03:27 AM   #256 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaSho View Post
Don't get me wrong, I completley understand that logic. Especially when 'degrading comments' are involved. As ignorant as this may sound, and I'm sure there's people who don't agree with me, but in my opinion, if someone says something positive about you/your body, even if it's as brash as "wow you have nice boobs", you may find it awkward and possibly even offensive, but in the back of your head there's a sense of self-worth because even as degrading as it is, someone is still complimenting you, and telling you you look good.
In general i wouldnt have thought that women would take this as a compliment. Of course there has to be exceptions, im sure SOME women would take it as a compliment but in most cases I wouldnt have thought so. When you think about it, whistling or shouting something out at a passing woman is probably the dumbest thing a man can do to express attraction to the opposite sex.

If you are talking to a woman, you can compliment her in some way. If you are interacting with her in any way then im sure most of the time a compliment would be well recieved but surely its because the interest you are showing her is being returned? You are interacting with one another.

Some women act and dress for these ridiculous comments from men and they enjoy it. They want to go out for the night and be able to simply walk down the street and have some genius shout something vulgar at them. I dont really understand it myself but each to their own. But in general i would say most women dont want this and it has nothing to do with whether it could be seen as a compliment on any level, its the fact that its unwanted, unwelcome attention from a total stranger. If you cant even walk past someone you have never met before on the street without getting whistled or screamed at then how is that anything other than annoying or intimidating, let alone complimentary?

But then again im of the same sex as the aforementioned genius' so what do i know?

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote