Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles vs The Beach Boys
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #41 (permalink)
telepicker
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocalsBass View Post
Why do you presume, (I am) suggesting Wilson was the first person to ever introduce doubletracking?
"Wilson made the production decision in 63 to use doubletracking on the groups vocals" is the only statement I made, since the subject was Brian Wilson & The Beach Boys, and not Les Paul.

You did not state that; THIS is EXACTLY what you posted:

Quote:
Its interesting the way he introduced 'doubletracking' into production at that certain time in 1963
nowhere did you clarify that he "introduced" double-tracking to recordings specific to Beach Boys recordings.

I guess, by that measure, George Martin introduced it to the Beatles (in 1962); Jimmy Page "introduced" it to Led Zeppelin...Trent Reznor introduced himself to the concept...an awful lot of "introducing" going on.

Now, instead of being wrong, that statement was redundant; got it.

Quote:
You should add a small review of your own with some substance to the thread concerning one or both of the bands mentioned, instead of twisting & turning other peoples words/posts, in order to fit your own personal opinion.
so...my opinion is only valid if it's NOT in response to what someone else posted?

all music is subjective; therefore, it's ALL about opinion.

All except for Brian Wilson "introducing" multi-track recording to the Beach Boys in 1963 - that is rock and roll FACT.
telepicker is offline   Reply With Quote