Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you satisfied with your gender?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #272 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
But it's not even as nice as "wow you have nice boobs." It's more like "I want to fuck you and you have no choice in the matter." I guess on some level it could be considered a compliment but most of the time being treated as a piece of meat or a mere sexual object isn't pleasant. It's often hard for guys to understand this but when women are constantly objectified in many situations for their whole life, and when women are trying to break free of this sexual objectification and be seen as a person, it's not something that you want to hear reinforced.

When I get whistled at I never ever feel complimented or proud of my body. I always feel awkward and embarrassed, and afraid that they're going to come up to me and try something.

It's also scary because a lot of rape scenarios often begin with guys whistling or yelling out things that imply the woman is a piece of meat. And rape is still a pressing issue if you are a woman, more so than if you are a man. So it's not something as a girl you want to hear.

EDIT: Like NND said, it makes you feel vulnerable...
When you put it into that perspective I understand your point of view a lot more clearly.

But again, it's another thing that's true for both sexes, women can treat men like pieces of meat too, granted these women don't have as much control over the media and if you're a man you don't have to worry so much about getting raped.

That's certainly one plus to being a dude I can't deny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNineDream View Post
Weird. Usually boys know who are the girl "players". As usually those girls are somehow considered "one of the boys".
Do you mean guys treat them as if they were guys or that they're unfairly considered dykes? Or both?

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 07-06-2010 at 01:56 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote