Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official World Cup 2010 Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #1180 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnels View Post
Really? It just keeps getting better and better for me. That Holland/Uruguay was great imo. Then again this world cup is pretty much my first endeavor with soccer/football so that may be my inexperience talking.
Its probably the poorest World Cup in some time but there has been some dramatic matches and Uruguay have been involved in two of them. Problem is the World Cup is just to big with 8 groups!!! Its diluted by too many inferior teams (not naming names and some did very well too) But they go out to play for boring draws and just aim to survive. The tournament really missed out on some of Europe`s most exciting teams Russia, Turkey and Croatia three teams that really excited at Euro 2008. There is also too much emphasis on the fitness/physical side of the game and there have been a lot of teams in these finals that have adopted this style. Star players just seem to arrive at WC`s more exhausted than ever and call me a old fashioned but for me the World Cup should be played in a HOT climate (Mexico, Spain and Italy) and these have probably provided the best World Cups over the last 25 years or so.............roll on Brazil 2014.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote