Music Banter - View Single Post - Music that takes you back...
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Zer0

I didn't buy this album until sometime in the beginning of 2003, but it reminds me of some really great times. Every time i listen to it, it brings me back to the good old days of being 16, skateboarding after school on fridays with my friends, smoking cigarettes and joints for the first time, getting drunk in the park at night with girls i'd only just met, and basically just not having to deal with the pressures of adult life.
I got into the band through one of my closest friends who played me a few songs off it in school one day, one song i recognised was 'The Middle'. Even though i've since moved on to far better music i still listen to this album now and again for the nostalgia, and it still sounds good after all these years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySlips View Post
Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
Yeah probably my favourite Sonic Youth album. This probably sounds really strange but whenever i listen to Daydream Nation i'm reminded of the smell of stale vomit in my bedroom. Shortly after i bought the album around exactly 4 years ago i had a bit of a heavy night out and i woke up the next morning to find a pool of vomit on the carpet beside my bed. Even after doing my best to clean it the smell kinda hung around in my bedroom for about a week and in that time i had that album on heavy rotation on my bedroom stereo. But it really is a fantastic album.