Music Banter - View Single Post - Antonio's Music Dumping Ground
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 05:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

Default Antonio's Music Dumping Ground

Antonio’s Music Dumping Ground

(sh*tty picture provided by yours truly)

Hey everybody, Antonio here. Lately, I've been thinking that while i do post here on the forums a good amount, i don't really talk about the music i like too much. So yeah, this is my first attempt at a Member Journal to basically talk about music that I'm interested in as well as the idea of music itself and it's applications. Really, i want to use this journal as a personal thing; alot of what i'll be posting will concern music that really catches my ears or music to which i hold a personal connection with.

So here I'll be posting about both well known and stuff you may have not heard of, but really just music and artists in general that catch my attention as well as some of the stuff that made me the music lover that i am today.

a few things that i'll be trying to post in here:

Songs I'm Diggin'- Formerly Song of the Week
Musical Reflections- aka random thoughts on music in general
Band/Artist Spotlight- Just showing off artists that I feel need more love and attention in the music world
Awesome Sountracks- a new thing I'm trying since I've been listening to a large number of soundtracks recently. May be mostly of games, but I will pull up some things for movies and television.
Album Reviews, mostly of stuff i recently got my hands on. i'll try to review stuff on a rating system from 1-10
1-Stay the HELL away, this album will HURT YOU in ways you never thought possible. if you see any copies in the vicinity, don't hesitate to KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!
2-Just flat out bad, only worth the 1-2 songs on it, if at all.
3-Not very good, only really worth a few songs/the main hits.
4-Slightly below average. Not a terrible listen, but overall not a very satisfying musical experience.
5-Average. Not abysmal. Not amazing. Just average.
6-Slightly above average. Not a bad listen, but you probably won't miss much if you don't check it out.
7-Really good, worth checking out. Won't knock your socks off though.
8-Great, but not amazing. Has it's obvious flaws/weak tracks, but this is a real must hear for music fans.
9-Damn near perfection, an album where the artist can sit back and take in the satisfaction that they made a piece of music like this. Legendary status.
10-Flawless, it's pretty much an eargasming masterpiece. If you don't listen to this album at some point before you die, most preferably NOW, then you have WASTED YOUR LIFE.

and anything else that tickles my fancy, hehe

so, without further ado, i'll start off with my

SONGS I'M DIGGIN'
Danny!-I Want H.E.R.(She's So Heavy)
I found this artist off a website that had a weekly music showcase and I was hooked. This is some laid back Hip-Hop with a jazzy and layered feel to it that flows very well with the smooth delivery. The samples are in the right place at the right time and don‘t overpower the lyrics. Instead, it all works together in a solid blend of jazz, soul, and hip-hop. Dude has a bit of a Kanye West feel, so anyone who’s a fan of him will definitely want to pick up some of Danny!’s music, and anyone who just enjoys this song will want to do the same.

more to come soon!

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?

Last edited by Antonio; 06-17-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote