Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 10:01 AM   #545 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sljslj View Post
I followed the instractions exactly and it's not working. I swear I'm about to go on a killing spree (not really). Anyone else have any advice? I'm trying to copy bin and cue file to CD-R disc using ImgBurn to back up some ps1 games. I've tried just about everything I can think of.
It turned the bin file and cue file into 5 different files (str, vfs, xap, 04, cnf) in more than one attempt. Anyone know why?
Failed attempt count: 5
burning a .bin or .cue file is a hassle because they're not storage files and some devices just don't burn those types of files as a hardware based anti-piracy measure.

if you just want a backup why not pack the files into a .zip or .rar file that any burning software / optical drive will recognize and handle then use a image mounting application (like Daemon Tools) to run them whenever you decide to use the games? since...

i really don't think it's actually possible to download a ps1 game image, burn it, then slap it into an actual ps1 and play the game. you'd likely need to use an emulator on your pc to get any use from those downloads. so how they're actually stored on a disc is rather irrelevant. i used to use ePSXe years ago, it was a hassle to setup but once you found all the necessary files (the emulator itself is legal, the necessary ps1 BIOS files are not) it was pretty solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote