Music Banter - View Single Post - Music that takes you back...
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post

I bought all 4 of these albums in the space of a few weeks back when I was 19.

They basically made me realise that most of my entire record collection of crap metal albums was redundant and totally changed how I looked at music.
The fact that I still play all 4 regularly today shows just how much they changed my life & outlook on things.
If you were really into metal at the time, what inspired you to check these out? I had a similar experience when I first heard Ziggy Stardust. I decided it was time for a dramatic music shift. Before I got the album, I had never even considered David Bowie. I had no idea where to go in terms of music, so when I ran across the album I thought I would give it a chance. I have no idea what I was expecting, but what is on that album surely wasn't it. Been a Bowie fan ever since.

Interestingly enough, the same relationship that I mentioned in my first post was really good at the time I bought it so it always reminds me of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I was around 19 and had no permanent abode. I left home around a year earlier and spent lots of time out drunk and sleeping on sofas, chairs etc. I spent a night on a friends chair and got woken up around 6:30 am in the summer with this playing.

I had barely heard this sort of ambient music before but it worked brilliantly and never forgot that feeling of peace and a bad hangover! I still love this over 20 years later.

I can see how you could be relaxed and in pain from the hangover all at the same time with this one. I love it!