Music Banter - View Single Post - Album Wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #1424 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post
Onto the question about the opinion of Metallica. I seriously consider them to be excellent musicians, and there's a great style to their first four albums (The Cliff Burton era is seriously something special and never to be repeated, and I respect most Metal fans calling the first three albums classics), but to me, there was this "We are not wimps!" sound, and while it worked great in order to get Metal in The US out of it's attack from The House of Hair, in the long run the always-aggressive approach could get a little forced sounding for my tastes. Getting back to the Album Wars topic and the reason for my words: In contrast, Led Zeppelin IV's multi-layered approach is pretty much more to my liking.
While I'm not going to protest your vote on these grounds, you've got to conclude that this is an unverifiable, opinion only conclusion.

I mean...its Metal. I think the whole genre has this mentality. For you to cite it as the reason Master of Puppets is bad is the equivalent of saying that IV sucks because you got the impression Robert Plant just wanted his **** sucked.