Music Banter - View Single Post - Urban Exploring
Thread: Urban Exploring
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 03:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
noise
thirsty ears

Default Urban Exploring

Urban Exploring involves checking out seldom seen structures and places in urban environments. These places may include abandoned buildings, waterworks, tunnels, catacombs, or any other man-made places that the public does not often get to see.

It can be a dangerous pasttime, not only physically but also socially since the places targeted are usually not places you're supposed to be. But that just adds to the excitement of it all.

I'm not personally involved in this, thought I am fascinated by it and would like to see some of the places shown in the sites linked below. My only adventure along these lines was an evening spent exploring a maze of access tunnels below my old university. I remember at one point climbing a ladder and poking my head though a trap door only to discover it came out under a desk in some library office

These sites are filled with photos of places people have explored. I'm particularly interested in the old asylums and hospitals, they have such an aura of mystery surrounding them that I can't help but be curious. The fact that these guys are often very good photographers helps a lot too!

Urban Exploration Database
UK Urban Exploration Forums
urban exploring :: Home

Anybody here into this sort of thing? Any stories to share?