Music Banter - View Single Post - Album Wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #1425 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
While I'm not going to protest your vote on these grounds, you've got to conclude that this is an unverifiable, opinion only conclusion.

I mean...its Metal. I think the whole genre has this mentality. For you to cite it as the reason Master of Puppets is bad is the equivalent of saying that IV sucks because you got the impression Robert Plant just wanted his **** sucked.
I never said it was bad, in fact it's a good album, and in the end very essential to the evolution of American Metal, and the whole scene in general. There's been some great Metal that has some strong Classical influence - and the Classical versions of Metallica's work seriously brings out the strong beauty that can be in their music - and atmosphere (Usually those who venture into Ambient), and I seriously like some of the more Prog and Experimental music that can possibly be connected to the history of Metal which has impressed me (For starters King Crimson in their Red era). I may not be 100% into Metallica's approach (Which sounds like they're trying too hard, although I still like what I hear through their early albums), but that's only an opinion, but their first four albums still are very important for the genre in my opinion.

Last edited by Screen13; 07-09-2010 at 10:07 AM.