Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 09:24 AM   #753 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Well thats an interesting position to take. Every Caveliers fan is classless and whiney?In all honesty, I feel really bad for Ohio. Their like the equally as punished, but less noticed brother of Louisiana. Hurricanes and Oil spills just make for better press. The whole state got rocked by the industrial decline post WW2, they've been the most screwed by NAFTA and I think the are the only state to have a major river catch fire in the post-modern America. Jobs are scare, people are poor, and I feel like there are few things you can turn to when thats the culture in your region of the world.

Sports is one of them.

To have a native, who I can only guess came from economically depressed areas (given that its Ohio) rise to such fame, and then, when he couldn't deliver a title, up and leaves for a better climate, it think its just demoralizing. When you read that letter from the Ownership, they aren't answering to how they feel, they're likely speaking for an entire population that it pretty wounded from this move. Its just another move in a series of depressing events. I hope the Heat don't even make it this year, and being me, I hope the Celtics are the reason.
Well, they had 7 years to build a successful team around LeBron and failed to do so. He had no obligations to stay there, despite what Cleveland fans will tell you. I think the reaction speaks for itself in showing LeBron truly did make the right decision.
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote