Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Non-Musical Opinions
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 09:41 AM   #210 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
And stick their nose in your crotch. And slobber all over you. And jump up on you. And make a ton of noise. Dealing with the animal equivalent of Lenny from Of Mice and Men is really not what I'm in the mood for when I come home after working all day. The friendly, low-key demeanor of a cat is much more my cup of tea.
Ahaha I love that comparison... though I daresay he would be a rabbit given the chance

I'm definitely a cat-person and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has meowing conversations with their cat. My problem with dogs is that they mostly seem to be one-sided whereas cats have a large range of personalities and idiosyncrasies. You get grumpy cats, happy cats, lazy cats that don't move a muscle, hyper cats that tear up and down the hallway, cats that hate being picked up and patted too much, cats that jump up onto your lap to be mollycoddled as soon as you sit down, cats that sleep in boxes, overly domesticated cats that only sleep on beds/couches, hunter cats that would rather be outside every night, cats that hide what they kill, cats that proudly drag their prey onto your front step and leave it there for everyone to see, cats that wait patiently for you to feed them, cats that jump up onto the kitchen bench when you turn away (and look guilty as hell when you turn back towards them), cats that are fussy eaters, cats that eat moths, cats that are too nice to scratch you despite you royally pissing them off, cats that swipe at you as soon as you ruffle their fur even slightly... cats are awesome.