Music Banter - View Single Post - Play any instruments? *would you like to? (if you don't)
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #557 (permalink)
Stone Birds
myspace.com/stonebirdies

actually it was only hard learning a few the others have the same basics

like for example knowing guitar helps with learning any other stringed instrument like the bass, ukulele or the violin

another example learning the keyboard helps with midi mapping, glockenspiel, melodica, or anyother keyed instrument i can play basics on pretty much any instrument except brass and woodwind (melodica is an exception to this) and a deeper understanding well that's determined by the individual not by someone who lives hundreds of miles away and barely knows me. what i believe is if you can improvise "well" on an instrument you can play it and use it in songs. i can improvise on the guitar i know every note, ukulele is easy to improvise as well but i just have to remind myself the tuning is in different relatives, the keyboard is very easy to improvise in fact most of my songs started out as simple improvisations.

oh and don't say i don't have a connection to my instruments i do i've actually fallen asleep playing guitar (luckily i wasn't on top of it)

oh and i'd like to add one more instrument to my want to play list drum machines i've only programmed drums through software like FL Studio and GarageBand but since i'm starting to delve into the performance area i've music i'm deicding to use my laptop less

//\\//\\/\\/\/\/\\\\\\\\///\/\/\/\/\\////\/\\\\\///\V

[Link removed by mod, no advertising] ... Damn those mods are always gettin ya :)
Stone Birds is offline   Reply With Quote