Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #7116 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I don't understand that either, I thought it was great movie. In fact I liked it even more than the original.

As for the ending...

Spoiler for Vanilla Sky:
It's been a while since I've seen it, but as best I can remember not all of it was a dream, only the later parts after the accident. In reality he killed himself and was put into cryo-sleep, to be resuscitated many years in the future when they could repair his injuries. The "open your eyes" was him being brought back to life years or decades after the events at the beginning of the movie.
I still can't figure out if it was pretentious bullshit or a thought provoking masterpiece.. I'm on the fence for the moment, because either way it definitely did entertain. I was never bored, so that gives it a few plus points.

Spoiler for Vanilla Sky:
Well, that's one way of looking at it. Everything that we saw did actually happen, it was a lucid dream gone wrong. I thought that when I watched it, but the open your eyes may have meant that it was just a dream. And none of it happened. But the open your eyes COULD mean he was awakened years after the event. Or it could mean he was dreaming until a certain point, he was in bed a lot in this movie. By himself, with Julianna, and with Sofia. If it was a dream, he had a dream inside of a dream. Where he dreamt he went to the bathroom and he turned on the light and his face was disfigured again.

Such a mindf*ck but I'm going with that what I saw happened, it was Sci-Fi.

Still not sure if it was a mindblowing masterpiece or just entertaining pretentious drivel..

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote