Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you satisfied with your gender?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #398 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Negative character traits - AskMen.com

This is one of the most sexist articles I've ever read.

And the advice is really terrible.

So ladies discuss, does it bother when your boyfriends get advice from these kinds of sources?
I feel the article mixes some good advice, such as communicate about conflicts and your feelings directly, with outright sexism, such as when the article says, "The female brain is driven by hormones -- women think with their emotions. Maybe it all makes sense to them, but their irrational behavior just leaves men frustrated, bewildered and annoyed."

I wouldn't mind if a boyfriend got some advice from such a source...as long as he didn't believe everything in the article or use some of the advice!

About nagging: I have known a wife who nagged her husband a lot. She focused on the little things that annoyed her without dealing with the real source of frustration (deeper relationship issues). Too much nagging can make anyone feel unloved. So, if someone is nagging you/putting you down, I agree that it's best to say feel bad when you get nagged, and ask what the deeper frustration or fear is. The couple eventually divorced.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote