Music Banter - View Single Post - [RELEASE] June Themed Comp : Songs by MB Members!
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #40 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Thanks for the comment and also the compliments and also the fitting imagery Possibly, I wrote this already, but the clippety clops are actually two coconut halves that I'm banging together. Thank you Monty Python!

The reason I made it this way, to just keep going without ending, is it's part of a set of almost 20-something songs I made for a platform game and I didn't feel that songs in a game which form a sort of backdrop to the going-ons should have defined endings!
Oh yes...now I remember you wrote about the looped song earlier, but I had forgotten! And those were indeed nice coconut clippety clops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
the chimes / bubbles / underwater / bass sounds are all coming from a Nintendo DS using the Elektroplankton 'game'. lyrically 'spread the word' is actually 'save the world', or perhaps 'enslave the world'. Jef would purposely slur his words to cover up the fact that he normally never had any clue what his mouth was going on about while his body drummed.

as for the last 'song' that's all there was. just a funky throwaway riff while we were setting up. pretty sure there was a smokeable making its way around the room which is why i'm asking for water at the end hehe.
Ahh! Elektroplankton! That explains the sounds, then. I'm impressed your drummer is also the singer. I think singing while drumming would be hard, because drumming is so physical! Forgive me, because I probably should know this, mr. dave, but are you the guitarist? Are you singing, too?

Thanks for typing out the approximate lyrics!

Hey, I thought people were supposed to get the munchies, not get thirsty!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote