Music Banter - View Single Post - I write music, but I'm horrible with lyrics. Who wants to help me out?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 11:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leptoon View Post
Thanks for your reply. I produce with FL Studio believe it or not. I like your idea for Theme and Hymn of the Possum. My album is entitled Dreams of a Possum, so maybe we could focus the lyrics around the ambitions, excitement, pleasure, and sorrow of the theoretical possum's life, the possum in this case having human dreams and emotions. I'm working on some powerful new music for the album, and rewriting Awe with the new synth.

I can't really see myself giving anyone the project file, but I can export it into a bunch of file types. Do you have MSN or AIM?
I understand about not giving away the project file. There's probably a way I can just use the MP3 in my recording program...I just need to learn the method, so this will be a good chance to do so. I don't have MSN or AIM, but I'll let you know if I'd like a different file type.

Also, please don't fear to say that whatever I come up with doesn't match what you want for your project! You are, of course, under no obligation to use any of my ideas. Though this probably goes without saying, I just thought I'd say it anyway. My goal would be to write something that suits what *you* want.

I'll start by listening several more times to Theme of a Possum and see what pops into my mind. Right now I'm thinking of something to do with nightlife (which would be suitable for a possum!) and the possibilities that cities offer to someone from the country who wants more out of life than rows of cotton and corn and run-down houses. It might also be interesting to have a song that describes the reverse: the "possum" dreaming of the peace and quiet of a simpler, less complex life. Perhaps this sounds too much like "City mouse, Country mouse!" though!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote