Music Banter - View Single Post - The Metalcore Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 08:04 AM   #139 (permalink)
Shoe
Post Proggresive Folkcore

Woah woah son, I was not having a bad day. Just saying that skaters for the most part don't listen to metalcore.
I used to listen to it too don't get me wrong. I just got so bored of it.
Maybe it's catchy. But so is pop. And I can only listen to so much Lady Gaga before it starts to get old. Right?
So it's not like anyone has any direct hate towards it. They just dislike how annoying the scene is. Like the hipster scene. A lot of the people are pretentious and think their music is the only music that matters. Sure that can be in any genre of music, but it seems like metalcore fans try to go the whole mile to prove how "brutal" "harcore" "hxc" "sxe" whatever. And it just is kind of annoying. They think people turn their heads like "Wow! That kid is crazy!" But most of them are just ignored.
Sure, if you like the music that's great.
If youre just in it for the scene then just... Leave me alone I guess.
EDIT: As the guy above me said, there is so much more interesting metal. I mean it's not my music but I can understand why some metal can be loved.
It's just like metalcore is the mainstream garbage of the whole metal genre. It's the Ke$ha of the metal scene.
Shoe is offline   Reply With Quote