Music Banter - View Single Post - The Metalcore Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 01:16 PM   #146 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCata View Post
Correct, but I didn't bother checking your post, therefore assuming he made a correct quote from you again.

My point was still that it isn't really a secret that metalcore is a simple genre, technically.
It may not be a necessity for a metal band to be technically great or even reasonably accomplished, but I do I believe if they`re not, the listening experience isn`t going to be particuarly durable in the long run. The point is, the masses that listen to metalcore in general, wouldn`t have a clue about technical proficiency anyway........so its an easy sell. Most of the people on this forum or avid music listeners in general (into metal) would see straight through the poor technical ability of these bands and the terrible screamo vocals, combined with the clean vocal sections that supposedly make it the thing to listen to. Its actually quite pathetic how they`ve just ripped off the Gothenburg scene and taken accomplished melodic death metal and turned it into metal mediocrity.

From your list of bands, I find it hard how somebody that listens to Lamb of God, Meshuggah, In Flames and Pantera etc can even listen to the majority of the metalcore stuff. In fact, one of the best metalcore albums is actually Avenged Sevenfold`s "City of Evil" and even that is not really metalcore as it has far more metal and rock influences in it.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote