Music Banter - View Single Post - Antonio's Music Dumping Ground
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

SONGS I'M DIGGIN'
Matisyahu-Jerusalem

Wow, I can't believe it's been a week already. The song for this week is from Matisyahu, who blends Reggae, Hip-Hop, and Rock with Jewish themes and ideals, as he is a Hassidic follower of the faith. This song is from the album Youth and is one of my favorites from him, not just because of the beats and the general catchiness of it, but also for the story it tells. The song covers several points in the history of the Jewish people, with the first part talking about their initial nomadic lifestyle, noting that even if you don't have a place to call home it can still be a place in your heart. The second part is about the Jewish internment in WWII, and here he also shows how some people at this time would forget their heritage and not show who they were out of fear. The last part tells you not to give in to lies or deception and be true to God.

I'm not Jewish, but the ideas talked about in this song are ones that I and many other people can relate to. Really, you shouldn't forget who you are or where you came from, and above all you need to stay true to yourself and what you believe in.

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?

Last edited by Antonio; 06-04-2012 at 04:30 AM.
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote