Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you satisfied with your gender?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 06:58 AM   #420 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
On the flip side from how some girls here feel, I've always been way more comfortable talking to girls (at least when it's girls Im not trying to persue and thus fear rejection from) because I don't feel that kind of pressure to not say anything that makes me sound like a "fag" like it is when I talk to members of my own gender. That's a huge reason I don't have any interest in being "one of the guys". If I do find me a guy I can communicate easily and comfortably with, the odds of him being queer are probably high.

I'm a girly man, and if you like being girly you'd find being a girly man would be hella difficult if you have any hopes for a social life with people of your gender. Thankfully I don't so I'm kewl with being a pussy who doesn't pee standing up.
I'm not convinced that guys are as difficult to talk to as you say. I have a lot of guy friends, and I'm usually regarded as just "one of the guys." I agree with savanah that a lot of the time is DOES feel more comfortable and relaxed. Maybe your problem is the type of guys in your social circle at the moment. I have a lot of friends who I could describe as "girly men," and yes, they get made fun of by the other guys, but so does everyone in the group, it's how we all relate to each other. Our group dynamic is to joke around a lot, but there's no actual malice behind any of the comments, it's all just friendly banter. I'm assuming you're not the crazy over sensitive type who would be hurt by this kind of thing, so my guess is the guys in your social circle are mostly just assholes. It's a shame because I'm sure if you found a good group to hang out with you'd feel just as comfortable with guys as with girls.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote