Music Banter - View Single Post - Likes/Dislikes
Thread: Likes/Dislikes
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 08:54 AM   #204 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by downwardspiral View Post
I have one or two indie*** friends. I swear they avoid the charts like the plague. I genuinely don't understand how they can live their life like that (bit dramatic maybe, probably not) but I love the fact that you could shuffle my iTunes and could hear Sugababes, Mogwai, Godspeed! The Strokes and Kelly Clarkson.

I think it's just insane when people restrict themselves with music, especially in case their status is damaged by listening to some bands with actual commercial recognition.

So I guess you could say that I dislike people trying too hard to conform to a certain scene, it's more effort than it's even worth. Get over yourself.
The great thing is when you reach your 30s, if you're not a person who listens to the radio or has cable, you have absolutely no clue what music is popular and what isn't. As result you just listen to music that you enjoy, oblivious and uncaring about how popular it is or isn't. This is the point I'm at in life. Sometimes when I post on here I'm astonished at how popular a band I like is, sometimes I'm astonished at how unknown they are.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote