Music Banter - View Single Post - Likes/Dislikes
Thread: Likes/Dislikes
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 09:14 AM   #208 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I fall under both: I don't give a shit, and I'm unaware. I don't think being in your 30s determines it, I'm just not exposed to it much. I know Lady Gaga is the in thing at the moment and that's about it.. I have no idea who are really in the charts. Probably her and JLS or something. I wouldn't have a clue what rock bands are popular at the moment. Are there even any popular rock bands about at the moment?
I think you are way more aware than you think you are. How else would you know all this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
Indie***s are the British version of hipsters I think, Indie***s aren't as annoying as Hipsters. Hipsters seem to listen to a lot of obscure noise pop and surfer stuff. Indie***s just listen to really bland Indie bands that sound like The Kooks without the radio airplay or record deal. I actually like a bit of Hipster type music, like Wavves for example. But because of their fan base, and how hyped they are they are hated for it. I think these hipster folk do listen to some good music, but because they take pride in how obscure it is, they won't get credit for it. Because they're arseholes.
I've experienced being in my teens and being in my thirties, trust me on this one: it's a totally different level of unawareness when you get older.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote