Music Banter - View Single Post - How old do you act here?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #265 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

My mom got married when she was 20, my dad was 24. It took them nearly 10 years to have a kid though. But that was in 1981 and my mom never went to university because she didn't have to. It's different today - most people here go to university or college at 18 or 19, spend 3 or 4 years in school where they will most likely meet the person they might get married to. Then when school is done, you're around 22 and trying to jumpstart your professional life or thinking about grad school. And if you're in a serious relationship or just married, your partner is probably doing the same. No time for a family just yet - I think most people now are waiting till their late 20's or early 30's to have a kid. Especially women. If you have kids that means you need a day job, and if you're still completing a degree or something it's going to take a lot longer because you need to go to night school.

But then again, the earlier you have kids, the earlier you can send them off to college. You can work and save your money for all your travelling dreams and such when your kids are young. Some people even take early retirement and then do all that stuff.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote