Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you satisfied with your gender?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 08:08 AM   #472 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I don't know what's wrong with that statement, I'm just saying that homosexual intercourse isn't what we were biologically programmed to do, not saying that makes it immoral or deviant behavior. We were not programmed to shave our hair either lol.
How do you know? Same sex sexual intercourse is very common among social mammals and is believed to strengthen social bonds and lubricate the social machinery. It's likely that human males are adapted so that they are sexually compatible with eachother biologically. As adidasss points out, we do have a G-spot up there. If you imagine a society (or lack of one) where we didn't label ourselves as "hetero" or "***" and tried to live accordingly, but instead were more open minded and free in regards to our sexuality. Then I'm sure many heterosexual men would have sex with other heterosexual men. The idea that sex is only ever used for reproduction is what has given rise to the idea of homosexual "activity" as unnatural, but that idea was debunked a long time ago.

As for shaving the hair, it might not be such an unnatural thing to do either. I wrote earlier that body hair on women can be indicative of relatively high testosterone levels which may well lower a woman's chance of getting pregnant and having a child. So, it makes sense that the preference for less hair is to some extent rooted in biology even if the actual action of shaving isn't.

We can't say for sure that there were no cultures where women had methods for getting rid of body hair many thousands of years ago