Music Banter - View Single Post - Top Ten Arguments for the existence of God easily deflated.
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #35 (permalink)
Odyshape
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
^ i think the improbability lies in the fact that most people try to define God using the same means they use to define themselves and their body - the old man on a throne in the clouds effect.

i'm definitely with CA on this one. God isn't some dude, it's a state of being and awareness that transcends and permeates anything and everything, if you can get over yourself.
I agree with this. I think our vision of a God needing our love and embodying a loving nature goes to show how man made many Godly figures really are. How would we know a God would need love? Giving an omnipotent being human qualities seems quite ridiculous to me.

@At Cardboard.
Don't you think it is possible that we can be unified with out a delusional sense of higher purpose or is it really useful for unifying the human race at all? I understand there are many benefits of security in feeling like you really believe, especially among a community. But this interpretation of things we cannot fully understand and making claims we cannot prove has separated people for a very long time. This is because people do not subject their beliefs to true criticism and non-superficial common ground cannot be made among people with very conflicting beliefs.

Also thanks Janszoon.
Odyshape is offline   Reply With Quote