Music Banter - View Single Post - I write music, but I'm horrible with lyrics. Who wants to help me out?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leptoon View Post
Just record whatever you like, and we can go from there. If the rough draft isn't perfect, its not like we wasted a vinyl.

Did you plan to sing it yourself? Cause if so, record your vocals on another track so I can vocode and autotune it (no, not like T-Pain). Also, if you do plan to sing it, record a separate track of yourself just saying the words, on-beat, with a single monotone. I can use that for harmony and sfx.
Yep, I would be the singer of the (still non-existent) lyrics! I'd record it as a separate track so I could send it to you, probably as a .wav file (that's what you'd need, right?), to do with as you wish.

Hmm...a track where I just say the words on beat with a single monotone. Would I just pick one of the main notes in the song, or does the note not really matter as long as it is monotone? Do you mean on-beat with the other lyrics? I didn't realize this was how people could create harmony. Do you just use the computer to raise or lower notes as desired? Huh. I hadn't thought of doing that. I have learned something new! Yeay!

I'll listen to the song this weekend and think about lyrics for it.

Final question, leptoon: what is an example of an existent song where you like the way the singer sings? I'd like to get an idea of what you are hoping for with the vocals.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote