Music Banter - View Single Post - I write music, but I'm horrible with lyrics. Who wants to help me out?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 07:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
leptoon
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Yep, I would be the singer of the (still non-existent) lyrics! I'd record it as a separate track so I could send it to you, probably as a .wav file (that's what you'd need, right?), to do with as you wish.

Hmm...a track where I just say the words on beat with a single monotone. Would I just pick one of the main notes in the song, or does the note not really matter as long as it is monotone? Do you mean on-beat with the other lyrics? I didn't realize this was how people could create harmony. Do you just use the computer to raise or lower notes as desired? Huh. I hadn't thought of doing that. I have learned something new! Yeay!

I'll listen to the song this weekend and think about lyrics for it.

Final question, leptoon: what is an example of an existent song where you like the way the singer sings? I'd like to get an idea of what you are hoping for with the vocals.
Yes, a WAV file.

Make the monotone whatever note you think is the most common. Yeah I just use a program like Reason's arp tools or FL Studio's vocoder with Omnisphere or Alchemy for tweaking vocals. Even if its monotone, I can make it sound like you're singing.

This sounds similar to what I'm going for.

mediafire DOT com/?78dh3quk40yx987

Last edited by leptoon; 07-17-2010 at 04:46 PM.
leptoon is offline   Reply With Quote