Music Banter - View Single Post - The Perfect Compromise
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Violent & Funky
FUNky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
The Format- Interventions and Lullabies? Or would that be too poppy for the dragon? I can see it fitting into the Monkey, Rabbit, Sheep (and possibly Tiger).
I think that somewhat hits four of the five, although there's nothing close to heavy enough for the Dragon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sljslj View Post
My thoughts exactly.
Hmm... I must find this magical album.
How about Devin Townsend's Ocean Machine: Biomech?
Grooveshark - Listen to Free Music Online - Internet Radio - Free MP3 Streaming
As far as I can tell, it appeases all five.
This is a really interesting suggestion because the music is so unique. I'm confident it fits the Dragon and the Rabbit, while it I think it somewhat qualifies with the others. It's possibly the best recommendation so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
also, my answer is

King Crimson - Lark's Tongue in Aspic
The Rabbit would really like it, and there's a little there for the Dragon and Tiger. But the Monkey and the Sheep would not enjoy any of it, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sljslj View Post
Don't want to give you a ****load of stuff to listen to, but I was thinking maybe The Blackening, by Machine Head would do. At first I thought it too heavy for Sheep, but it has a good amount of tracks that Sheep would find atleast mildly interesting.
Check it if you like:
Grooveshark - Listen to Free Music Online - Internet Radio - Free MP3 Streaming
I recommend Clenching The Fists Of Dissent and/or Halo. Also, the Battery cover is worth checking out as well.
I listened to a couple of songs and didn't hear any Monkey or Sheep and it seemed too heavy for the Rabbit as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bullet View Post
Guns 'N Roses- Appetite For Destruction

I can see that, or their live album having appeal to all five.
I think if anyone were to dislike this it would be the Monkey for it not being "cool" enough. It certainly has the rock for the Dragon and the catchyness for the Sheep. I think the variety of songs might intrigue the Rabbit and there's prolly enough rhythm for the Tiger...

sometimes I don't thrill you
sometimes I think I'll kill you
just don't let me fuck up will you
'cause when I need a friend it's still you
Violent & Funky is offline   Reply With Quote