Music Banter - View Single Post - Older Stuff vs Newer Stuff
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 07:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Krosstika
Music Addict

There was a time when musicians created and expressed themselves in their music and it became popular on its own merit. Today it seems to me that the music industry and media ram the new stuff down the throats of the youth of the world and convince them that to be popular thay MUST like it.The American & UK pop Idol series is proof of that. No more does a band or artist have to work their way from obscurity to fame. They just need a hook be it exposing the majority of their flesh,exploiting the harshness of inner city impoverished life or appealing to those that feel they do not fit into the mainstream of society.Just SOME of the new music I find quite good, variety is a wonderous thing, but crap is crap,and theres more of it about today...

I tend toward classic rock and the likes of black metal. I enjoy Classical from Mozart and Bach etc.I dont care for the hip hop stuff and the whole Britney and her clone things. I fackin hate rap. Rap is not music! so you could say i hate most modern sh!t!?
I guess you could say that I believe music was better years ago. Look at the longevity of artist's like ,Maiden, The Stones, Aerosmith, The Eagles, Styx, their stuff is timeless,and the era of Hendrix, The Doors, Led Zepplin...will live forever!!! How many of todays music stars will prove to be marketable in 20 years? Only time will tell.
Most producers have ran out of ideas.
Rock is just re runs of old sounds, hip hop is progressing into a sad pop scene and the pop scene itself is a joke to music....