Music Banter - View Single Post - Older Stuff vs Newer Stuff
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 09:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
phoenixflames
Something That You're Not

I can see how people could think that the band's older stuff is better because they worked harder on it, but I don't think that is always the case. One thing that hasn't been brought up is that most people start listening to bands on their first few CDs, and like the early sound because its what they are familar with. When a band developes more, people may or may not like it because its not the exact same sound that they are familar with and have grown to love. Some think it is better, some think it is worse. I know for me, there are a couple CDs that I have that I wished the band would sound like that for several CDs, but I know that is highly unrealistic. Change is just something you come to expect.

When you are in a band, you realize how boring it can get playing the same EXACT style over and over again. You want to branch out, get more technical, add more instruments.

A CD is just a snap shot in time of an artist. Its about the particular things the band was dealing with. Since people change, their music changes as well. For better or for worse.
We're from Ohio.
Yay for us...
www.theascentofterrion.com
Be our friend on MySpace
phoenixflames is offline   Reply With Quote