Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you satisfied with your gender?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 12:50 AM   #479 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Culture has an influence over all of our lives weither we like it or not including yours.

The fact is female bodyshaving beaome a social norm because somebody, a lot of people actually, felt that this was desirable. So it's silly to say that anyone who prefers the shaved look only prefers it because we have been told to.

The fact is for most people, what we end up finding sexually attractive is very often influenced by what we were expiencing growing up and during puberty, because that's the stage where we are coming to terms with our sexuality and what we are attracted to.

And because women exposing their hairless legs is more common it's natural to be more attracted to them because of how that has influenced us when coming to terms with our sexuality, we now associate it with being a feminine trait. For one nobody EVER had to tell me that women were supposed to shave their legs, I just always felt that way out of preference. In fact it took me a while to realise they could even grow hair there.

I associate hair on the body with masculinity, and lets be honest that isn't too irrational a belief at all, because hair on the body is a byproduct of testosterone, naturally hairy men have higher testosterone levels than less hairy guys and vice versa if a women is naturally more hairy than others that's a sign of low estrogen levels and not balancing out the testosterone causing more hair to grow.

It's a fact that women do have less hair than men because we have more testosterone. And it's not irrational to associate testosterone with masculinity and estrogen with femininity because there is some truth to that. And because we've gotten used to seeing women with less hair it became a sexual preference over time because that's biologically natural to happen.

We find boobs attractive because women have them and we don't and it's easier to be attracted to something you don't have. If most women were flat chested we'd probably find boobs grotestque. Because women shave their legs and we don't that becomes something we desire too, naturally, not because we're told to find it attractive. It's natural for people's ideals and perception of beauty to change over time because the environment changes and when the environment changes so do people's tastes, that has always been the case and it's basic human nature, it's not some conspiracy.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 07-18-2010 at 01:00 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote