Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 07:09 AM   #889 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Thanks Vegangelica I am curious in finding out more without sounding too judgmental because I do think the subject and these experiences are interesting.

About hallucinations, just after my 12 years birthday, I was in the hospital with a pretty bad concussion from falling off a swing down a little mountain slope and banging my head pretty bad. I couldn't sleep that night in the hospital because the nurses were doing something painful to this other man in the same room as me and he couldn't keep quiet because of his pains. Sometime in the early morning when I was pretty scared and worried, I suddenly saw flames for just a split second. Not like the room was on fire, just fire filling my vision. It scared me pretty bad so I got out of bed and stumbled out in the corridor where I could see other people .. that calmed me down enough for me to go back to bed.

Possibly it was a hallucination or just a really vivid start of a dream just as I dozed off. I'm sure one could interpret it in a religious way, but considering it's only happened that one time after a pretty bad head injury leads me to think it had something to do with the injury and the bad experience rather than God sending me a message. If God sends visions, it would be strange if he only does it when people are sick and injured.