Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 07:49 AM   #892 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea Supremacist View Post
Which I guess makes sense in a way, but I never hear stories about how somebody is at their lowest ebb and ready to chuck it all in when, all of a sudden, God pops down to say hello. Or when people truely need guidance in their life...

By all means, if someone can enlighten me then that would be awesome
I had a friend who was getting ready to kill himself but then felt he saw Jesus standing in a white robe before him, saying nothing. He became a very strong believer in the Christian religion.

For me, knowing the truth as much as possible is more important than feeling comfort. I'd rather feel awful, abandoned, doomed and lost, if that is the reality, rather than live imagining some wonderful future that is pretend.

I have relatives who, whenever someone dies, say, "He's with his maker now and is at peace!" This always makes me think of the movie "Logan's Run." There's a scene where people happily let themselves be exploded, since they've been taught to believe that they are going to a wonderful afterlife. In reality, they are just being vaporized.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote