Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Golf Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 04:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
James
Account Disabled

Default The Official Golf Thread

Don't think there's a thread on here. Golf is basically the only sport I really give a **** about. I was at the final day of The Open yesterday and had a great time. Louis Oosthuizen was fantastic. He hadn't made the halfway cut in any of the seven majors he entered prior to this, yet he came out of nowhere and won by a large margin too(8 shots!). Westwood got second and it's kinda sad that he didn't win, this is something like his 4th time as a runner up and it seems that he just can't cut it enough to get a win. I was dissapointed that Graeme McDowell didn't do better, I really like him and after his sucess recently I was expecting him to fair well. Rory McIlroy didn't do very well either but I think that was because of his tee off time on Friday, the weather really let him down. While walking around early in the morning I witnessed a fantastic putt from Soren Kjeldsen, great putter. Jin Jeong blew my mind, he's an amateur but was better than 80% of the professionals there. Sergio Garcia remains one of my favourites but he's been really terrible recently. Phil Mickelson also didn't play well.
The Seniors are next week( in my bloody town as well!) but I can't watch it as i'm on holiday.
Any golf fans? Any opinions on this weeks Open?
James is offline   Reply With Quote