Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog & Fusion Album Club
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 08:08 AM   #49 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Aaight, so homework this week will be Gilgamesh's self-titled debut album from 1975.

It's a Canterbury scene jazz-rock album and was suggested by Phil :

Quote:
Originally Posted by philster View Post
I have a suggestion for next weeks homework: Gilgamesh with their debut album Gilgamesh from 1975. I haven't listened to it yet, but an album I constantly listened to during last week with archive recordings, Arriving twice, published in 2000, is quite impressive - beautiful guitar riffs, and nice inter-song changes in time signatures and moods. Some songs transport the feeling of coolness, with ugly riffs making one feel uncomfortable, but then make a sudden change into beautiful harmony. Other songs are very emotional and calm. Sometimes they use an annoying organ effect, I guess that's the seventies. I have no time for checking out the musicians, but they are somehow connected to Canterbury.

So get some Gilgamesh folks!
As for this week and organizing a poll for thursday, I will see if I can get it done but I have to admit that I am somewhat super-busy this week and I have a feeling I'm gonna forget about it amidst everything else going on in my life at the moment, so if someone else could create a poll for thursday (if we get some suggestions), then that would be awesome!

Don't worry if you don't have poll creating experience etc. If you mess up, just PM a mod.