Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you satisfied with your gender?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 11:09 AM   #524 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post

Urban, you can choose to have a beard or not, and no one will ridicule you. They'll probably think you look nice both ways. THAT is a choice. It is a choice between different but equivalent results: "Do I want to look good without my beard, or do I want to look good with my beard?"

If you were a woman, your choice would be slightly different: "Do I shave, or do I want to face public humiliation because my underarm hair and leg hair grew darker during puberty?" That is not a fair, equal choice. That IS curtailing women's right to enjoy and experience their own bodies in the same way that men can enjoy and experience their own bodies.
Actually in my last job I was sent home and told to have a shave for having less that a days growth on my face on a couple of occasions.
You don't think that being sent home in front of your work colleagues is public humiliation too?

and they were forever on at me to get haircuts the minute the back of my hair went below my collar.

I don't recall any women getting sent home to shave or told to have haircuts.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote