Music Banter - View Single Post - Smoking in Bars/Public Places? Yea or Nay?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 03:54 PM   #160 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post
In public places, yes, in bars/restaurants, no.
I agree with Monkey in a way.

I feel anyone who owns a private business like a resturaunt has the RIGHT to choose whether they want to make it smoking or non-smoking. It is their resturaunt, not the government's, so I feel that they are entitled to making a simple decision such as smoking or non-smoking. And I feel all they would need to do is put a sign out front saying that they allow smoking, and people can make their own decision whether they want to go in or not. For christs sake, we are America! If we want to make ourselves sick and cancerous then goddammit we should be allowed to! The governement shouldn't be allowed to think for us.

I mean here they are worried about cigarrette smoke, but yet the FDA has former TYSON MEAT tycoons in there running the branch and turning a blind eye to unhealthy hormones making souped up monster chickens that are being dispersed out of TYSON chicken factories to grocery stores and resturaunts across America that are making people sick! Its rediculous.

I'm a little more understanding with no smoking in say, Post Offices, or Libraries or government type establishments. But not private ownerships! I'm afraid to know whats right of ours is going to be sacrificed next.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote