Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 01:51 AM   #4604 (permalink)
clutnuckle
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
I Would Set Myself On Fire For You- Believes In Patterns

A fascinating listen, a different style of screamo that keeps me entertained with all it's different instruments and structures. Plus I love the male/female vocals.
When the vocals come in on "Twelve", I always get shivers. Great album.

--

Massive Attack - Mezzanine

I've slowly grown to consider this album a full-blown masterpiece. I used to lose interest by the first "Exchange" had worn off, but I've slowly been building up the balls to tackle such an amazing album in its entirety. Trip-hop has always been a breeding ground for various styles but the way this can blend soul, jazz, hard rock, and pure electronic together is just not fair to anybody else. Top that all off with the fact that this album is thickly coated with the darkest, most brooding textures imaginable and you have trip-hop's swansong.

The vocals... Oh my God the vocals. Elizabeth's Fraser's performances on "Teardrop" and "Black Milk" are both out of this world, as are Andy Horace's on "Man Next Door", "(Exchange)" and "Angel". 3D's whispering effect on "Mezzanine" and "Inertia Creeps"... They all perfectly tie into the mood and emotion in each song. Getting lost in these songs is incredibly easy, but seriously analyzing them for their musical merit is also not a hard task.

What really sealed the deal was hearing it through a good pair of Sennheisers. The quality headphones along with the musical texture that is almost made specially for headphones just made it that much better.

Last edited by clutnuckle; 07-20-2010 at 02:50 AM.
clutnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote