Music Banter - View Single Post - Rape
Thread: Rape
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 05:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantSack View Post
"Highly intelligent beings" is a bit of a stretch for the most part. In the words of the late George Carlin,
"We are merely partly-civilized beasts with baseball caps and automatic weapons."

I must say, I never really expected to see a thread with the title "Rape". But since I came in here to check it out, and you actually posed an interesting question regarding it, here goes.

It's not cool. I understand the propagation of the species aspect, but that was a long time ago. If anything, we need to be stemming the growth of the population. In other words, we're not rebuilding after the flood, here. There's too many people.

But even on a social level, to take somebody's humanity in such a way as to force them to have sex, to that the point that sometimes they can't even bare to be around men anymore. I think that speaks for itself. We've been in need of a dose of evolution for quite some time now.

"We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive."
-Albert Einstein

And with that, I'm off to work.
Exactly, biological conditions change and we adapt to new environments, new standards of living. We are supposedly civilized now and know a lot more, are lot less ignorant than we were many years (and centuries) before. To move forward and improve as a race, insure our ultimate survival we have to be smart, we have to make change.