Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bald Chick Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 07:47 AM   #101 (permalink)
baldy1138
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I'm curious to know, how many people close to you know about your acomo thing and do they pick on ya for it?

It's not something I share with anyone IRL, and on the net I've been called a repressed homosexual on some occasions.
At this point, my wife knows, and a few others probably suspect it. It's one of those things - I no longer think it's weird, I doubt anyone would be too freaked out by it, I'm sure some people figured it out on their own, and I actually like to talk about it, but it's still scary. There's still that fear of being thought of as some kind of a pervert.

On the net, I'm always glad to find a good discussion, and it isn't easy. A lot of the boards I used to like have gotten neglected or spammed to death or trolled out of existence, and not every acomophile has the same viewpoint. Some get off on any woman with a bald head, including cancer patients and French collaborators from the 40s. Some are into shaving women's heads as a punishment and submission thing. I don't believe they find it beautiful or powerful; just the opposite. And there are some who just want to swap pictures, link to video clips and discuss who looks hot, without the discussion going any deeper than that.

Believe it or not, boo boo, you are the most like-minded acomophile I've run across in a long time, so I'm enjoying this discussion a lot. If I could find a few more of us, I'd probably start up a well-moderated acomo board over at my site.
baldy1138 is offline   Reply With Quote