Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bald Chick Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #102 (permalink)
baldy1138
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Speaking of aliens Baldy. I remember that in your blog you mention Gene Roddenberry being a possible acomophile and now that i think about it that makes perfect sense.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture wasn't a great movie, but I loved it's positive depiction of the Lt. Lila character and how this bald chick could be hot and everybody wanted to bang her. I can't think of any mainstream movie before or since where a bald chick was depicted as being sexually desirable to men.
If you ever find a copy of The Making of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, by Roddenberry and Susan Sackett, check out some of the character guidelines Gene wrote about Ilia and Deltans in general. Descriptions of her "breathtakingly beautiful" face and her "smooth, slender bare head with the sensual quality of delicately sculptured nudity, always hidden before in other women," plus all of the stuff about Deltans, their sex-based culture and their women being dangerously attractive to human males. I've heard that sort of thing before, and it is definitely an acomophile writing that.

I've also seen a photo of Gene posing with the newly-shaved Persis, sporting a big, cheesy grin. I've seen that picture before too, when guys who make head shaving videos all line up to have their picture taken next to the bald woman.

I'm pretty sure the whole purpose of creating the character of Ilia was to show people how attractive bald women are. In some ways, it was a success. I don't know that Ilia changed the way society looks at bald women, but she certainly stirred up feelings in some of us that we might not have been aware of. If nothing else, she provided adolescent acomophiles with something to jack off to.
baldy1138 is offline   Reply With Quote