Music Banter - View Single Post - Nevermind, let's talk about the same handful of bands that suck ad nauseum
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #444 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by telepicker View Post
You can think that...but the truth is, before the Beatles, popular music was in an absolute SUCK phase; Elvis in the Army...Buddy, Richie, and JP in that plane...Jerry Lee hiding with his 13-y.o. Cousin/wife in shame...Little Richard headed back to the pulpit...

By 1962, people were back to listening to records of "How Much Is that Doggie In the Window" that sounded like they were recorded over the phone.

Not only did the Beatles change the way music was WRITTEN (taking it out if the hands of the record companies and instilling the ORIGINAL D.I.Y. Ethic) but the way it was recorded in the studio and listened to it at home.

I can guarantee that if you listen to music that is not European classical or opera, American jazz or blues, or Eastern/Drone/Raga...that is, if a band you like puts out an album (CD or download for ignorant youth), and it has the lyrics printed inside, and/or a Producer credit, then it has roots that lead directly to the Beatles.

Then again, I just saw that you are from Philadelphia (I can't think of a single decent band from the Philly area)...the same city that boos Santa Claus...I remember Michael Irvin getting booed after he was wheeled off the turf of the Vet...those moronic Philly fans even booed Donovan McNabb when he got drafted, and are now talking smack on him now that he's gone.

People from Philly must have a genetic retardation inherent to the region...

Maybe it's the water?
LOL. Let me start off by saying I've only lived in Philly for a couple years so trying to insult me by dissing the city I live in isn't going to have the desired effect. Nice try.

I would say, though, that a number of things about your post call your knowledge of music into question. The top two for me are the fact that you seem to think nothing worthwhile was happening with music in the early 60s and that you "can't think of a single decent band from the Philly area" despite the city's legendary place in the history of soul music, not to mention its currently thriving music scenes.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote